Lamb is the perfect pairing for our version of the signature Persian spice blend, Advieh, and this easy meatball recipe will have a flavor feast on your table in no time. You can serve them on a bed of greens, over grains or as a sandwich or as a wrap. Garnish with feta, mint, parsley, and pomegranate seeds and complement with a tangy sumac salad dressing or a mellow creamy tzatziki. Fabulous! Our version uses Panko bread crumbs as the binder, but for a gluten free option, you could use lentils, quinoa, or gluten free bread crumbs.
These weren’t shared with very many people…
Advieh-Spiced Persian Meatballs
1 pound lean ground lamb
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
½ red onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
½ tablespoon chopped mint
¼ cup Panko bread crumb
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small skillet, add one tablespoon olive oil and saute the onion and garlic over medium heat until softened, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg, and then add the remaining ingredients along with the sautéed onion and garlic and mix well.
- Form the meat mixture into golf-ball sized meatballs.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of oil into a shallow Dutch oven or cast iron skillet and heat to medium. Add the meatballs and sear them, turning once, 1-2 minutes per side. Work in small batches until all the meatballs are seared. Then put all the meatballs back in the pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook 10-15 minutes until meatballs are cooked through.
World Spice Merchants http://www.worldspice.com