We have exciting news! Our Pacific Seafood blend has been reformulated using bright notes of citrus and lemongrass; this Pacific Seafood blend incorporates flavors from the Pacific Northwest all the way to Thailand. Using a delicious process of trial-and-error, while taking into account staff and customer feedback, our fearless leader and accomplished blend artist Amanda created this blend for a wide variety of seafood. To showcase this new blend, we all agree that using it as a rub for seared scallops is where it really shines. The versatility of the blend lets these scallops be the shinning star of a huge number of varying meals. Start with the recipe below and see where your culinary creativity takes you!
Pacific Seafood Seared Scallops
- Generously season the flat side of each scallop with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Press each scallop in to the Pacific Seafood. (Don't worry about over-salting. The blend is salt-free!)
- Heat the oil and butter in a heavy bottom skillet until it is almost smoking.
- Carefully place each scallop in the pan, spice side down.
- Let the scallops get a nice dark crust on them. This will take 2-3 minutes. It is important not to move the scallops around while the crust is forming. Resist the urge to flip, nudge, or even touch them.
- Once you have a nice golden brown crust, flip the scallops and continue to cook for another minute or so.
- Remove the scallops from the pan and serve.
A perfectly done scallop will still have lots of "give" in it when gently pressed with a finger. If the scallop is hard or springy, it's overcooked.
World Spice Merchants https://www.worldspice.com