We’ve mixed some Mojito magic here using a simple syrup made with our Emerald Mist tea! Peppermint and spearmint are the main flavors in the syrup, along with with licorice, cloves, and ginger. Combined with fresh lime to make it a Mojito, this drink is delicious virgin or classically spiked with rum. Kick back and enjoy it on a hot summer day. Don’t feel up for that much mixology? Emerald Mist makes a fantastic iced tea for summer all on it’s own.
Emerald Mist Simple Syrup
- 4 mint leaves
- 1/2 lime, cut into 4 wheels
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 3 tablespoons Emerald Mist Simple Syrup
- 2 ounces white rum
- 1/3 cup soda water
- 1 cup ice cubes
- sprig of mint
For the Emerald Mist Simple Syrup
- Put the tea in a large cup and pour the boiling water over it. Steep for 4 minutes and strain. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Allow the syrup to cool to room temperatue.
For the Mojito
- In a tall tumbler add the mint leaves and lime wheels. Muddle them to release the juice and oils.
- Next add the lime juice, simple syrup, rum and soda water give it a stir. Top off with ice and a sprig of mint and lime wedge.
© 2021 World Spice Merchants https://www.worldspice.com