Jasmine Pearls are hand picked and rolled green tea leaves. After harvest, the tea is laid out and covered with jasmine blossoms before being rolled. The resulting brew releases the light, heady scent of jasmine into your cup. Here we’ve combined the tea with tart raspberries and honey to compliment the floral aspects in Jasmine Pearl and created an elegant sherbet. With just a splash of vodka to preserve the flavor and consistency and after a quick spin in the ice-cream machine, voila! The flavors are sensational. While incredible on its own, this sherbet shines when added to a flute of brut cava or champagne. Garnish with a few fresh raspberries and you have the perfect drink to kick off patio season.
Raspberry Pearl Sherbet and Cava Float
- 16 Jasmine Pearls
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 4 cups or 400 grams raspberries
- 1-1/2 ounces vodka
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 bottle of brut champagne or cava
Making the Sherbet
- In a small pan, heat 1-1/4 cups of water to 150 degrees, then remove from heat. Add the Jasmine Pearls and steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain the tea and add it to a high powered blender along with the raspberries, vodka, honey and sugar. Blend until silky smooth, about 1 minute.
- Using a spatula, press as much of the liquid as you can through a sieve to strain the sorbet base.
- Discard the seeds and refrigerate the puree for at least 2-3 hours or until completely chilled.
- Once cold, transfer puree to an ice-cream maker and churn for 25-30 minutes, or until soft peaks form. Transfer to a container with a lid and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- For an effervescent cocktail, fill a coupe or champagne glass half full and add a scoop of the sorbet. Garnish with fresh raspberries and or jasmine pearls. Serve immediately.
© 2021 World Spice Merchants https://www.worldspice.com