This salad has converted me into a Buffalo fan. Never one for super hot wings or over-the-top heat, I just never paid it very much attention. But you can’t pigeon hole Buffalo with wings. It’s everywhere! So when we decided to blend a house version of the spice, I paired it with all my favorite salad ingredients to see if I could get on board, and I am so there. The heat is complimented by the tang of apple cider vinegar and a pep of lemon crystal for a lively and versatile flavor.The salad starts with an easy sheet pan chicken, pulled from a quick 2 ingredient marinade of buttermilk and Buffalo Spice. Stay with the recipe proportions for a satisfying medium heat or fire it up with more Buffalo Spice. This chicken is sure to be a staple around our house this summer and will do equally well on the grill. Then toss it together with all the other goodies and you’ve got a salad that really satisfies.
Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Salad
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Buffalo Spice
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 heirloom tomato, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- 4 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon Provencal Salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and Buffalo Spice. Add the chicken thighs, turning each one in the marinade to thoroughly coat all the nooks and crannies.
- Arrange the marinated thighs on the sheet pan and cook for 35 minutes, until the internal temperature of the meat reached 165 degrees.
- Adjust the oven to broil, and blister the chicken for a few blackened bits, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and chop into bite sized bits, then drizzle them with the pan juices and set aside.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the salad.
- Wash, dry and rough cup the Romaine lettuce. Transfer the greens to a platter and toss with the chopped parsley.
- Add the tomatoes around the edge of the platter, and arrange the Buffalo chicken in the center.
- Top with green onions, bacon and blue cheese crumbles, a sprinkle of Provencal Salt and more parsley to garnish.
© 2023 World Spice Merchants https://www.worldspice.com