Perfect for a hot summer evening. The classic Moscow Mule needs no introduction. Fizzy and softly spicy, this delicious cocktail is typically served in a copper mug for instant ice-cold refreshment.
For this variation on the drink, we used our Mystic Licorice Tea to complement the traditional flavors. Full of warm spices like licorice, cinnamon, cardamom, orange, coriander, and cloves, this tea blend adds complexity to gentle bite of ginger beer, while including a sweet finish that pairs well with the sour flavor of the lime. We suggest you make a pitcher, because these go down easy.
For this cocktail, we used local ginger beer from Timber City, which has a strong ginger kick without too much sweetness. When making the tea, we recommend brewing a strong batch to stand up to the other flavors. Approximately four teaspoons per cup of water should do the trick.
- 2 ounces vodka (recommend Stolichnaya )
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces ginger beer (recommend Timber City)
- 2 Mystic Licorice Tea, brewed and chilled
- lime wedge, for garnish
- candied ginger
- sprig of mint
- Fill a copper mug with vodka, lime juice, ginger beer and tea.
- Stir with a spoon and add ice.
- Garnish with a lime wedge, candied ginger and sprig of mint.
Leave a Comment