Happy Cinco de Mayo! Citrus and pineapple combine to quench your thirst in this classic cocktail. Charred pineapple adds extra flavor by fire with a smoky garnish. As if all that wasn’t enough, we rimmed the glass with our new Limón-Chile seasoning. Inspired by the classic Tajin spice, this irresistible seasoning adds a powerful spark of lime and chili to each sip. Make the Parilla Pinarita your summer grilling go-to, it’s easy to shake one up when you fire the grill.
- 1 1-inch pineapple round
- 3 tablespoons Limón-Chile
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce pineapple juice
- 1/2 ounce orange juice
- 1/2 ounce agave syrup
- 1 ounce mezcal
- 1 ounce silver tequila
- 1 orange wheel, for garnish
- Fire up a grill to medium-high heat. Grill the pineapple, turning once, until marked on both sides, about 1-2 minutes. Cut the pineapple into 4 pieces and set aside.
- On a small plate add Limón-Chile seasoning and evenly spread it around.
- Run an orange wedge along the rim of the cocktail glass until wet. Turn the glass and dip it into the the small plate with the Limón-Chile seasoning. Tap the glass into the seasoning until the rim in fully covered. Set the glass aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle together lime juice, orange juice, pineapple juice, agave, and 3 chunks grilled pineapple. Add mezcal, tequila, and ice; shake well. Strain into seasoned glass over ice. Garnish with grilled pineapple and orange wheel.
Leave a Comment