We love salmon here in the northwest, and never tire of finding new ways to enjoy it. Lemon & dill? BORING. Our newest creation, Sassy Steak Spice, is bold and exotic, and it hits all the flavor highlights- a little bit smoky, a little bit sweet with just a bit of herbs and heat- which perfectly compliments our favorite fish. We used grilling planks for an alder wood accent to finish it off.
Sassy Bourbon-Honey Salmon Fillets
- 2 salmon fillets, about 1 pound each
- ¾ cup bourbon whiskey
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1-2 tablespoons Sassy Steak Spice
- Prepare two grilling planks by soaking in water, or create a foil tray to hold the fish on the grill.
- Rinse the salmon and pat dry. Place in a zip loc bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the bourbon, brown sugar, honey, orange juice and Sassy Steak Spice. Use 1 tablespoon for regular sassy, and 2 for EXTRA sassy. Pour the mixture over the salmon in the bag and seal it. Put the bag in a shallow dish and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour, turning once after half an hour to make sure that the marinade has reached every little bit.
- Prepare your grill for indirect high heat.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade and place on planks or foil tray on the grill and close the lid. After 5 minutes, baste with additional marinade from the bag. Cook until done, another 5-7 minutes.
World Spice Merchants https://www.worldspice.com