We’re crazy in love with our new Cascade Mushroom Mix, featured in this light chicken salad with just the right embellishments. We put the mushroom mix in the marinade, where the umami flavor magic made the meat meatier and then added sesame and ginger for some Asian flair. The depth of flavor from the marinade is unbelievable… so we created two more versions to enjoy!For the Asian chicken salad, we added carrots, cashews, and bok choy. After you’ve tried this recipe, check out our Middle Eastern and Mediterranean versions for more mushroom marinade goodness!
For the Marinated Chicken
- Combine the avocado oil, toasted sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, apple cider vinegar and Cascade Mushroom Mix in a heavy duty 1 gallon ziplock bag. In a small bowl, reserve two tablespoons of the marinade for finishing.
- Add the chicken thighs to the marinade in the bag, and marinate at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Transfer the chicken and marinade to a glass baking dish and bake, uncovered for 30-40 minutes, until it is cooked through.
For the Chicken Salad
- When the chicken is cool enough to handle, cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the vegetables, nuts, and reserved marinade. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with Gomasio
World Spice Merchants https://www.worldspice.com