Perfect for picnics, cookouts, or a lunch on the go, summer is the right time for Emerald City potato salad. This simple recipe adds fennel to a basic potato salad, and pairs it with Emerald City Seasoning for a winning flavor combination. The blend’s base of dried herbs brings out the vegetal flavors of the fennel, while the green and pink pepper balance its sweeter notes.
If you’re looking for a delicious and unique side-dish to add to your meal, then this is just the thing.
Emerald City Potato Salad
- 8 cups small red potatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoons Emerald City Seasoning, divided
- ¼ teaspoon fleur de sel
- ½ cup fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ cup fennel frond, chopped
- In a large pot, bring 6 quarts of water and a pinch of salt to a rolling boil. Add the cubed potatoes and cook about 6 minutes, until just fork tender but still firm.
- Drain the water from the potatoes and transfer to a large bowl. Add 1 tablespoon Emerald City Seasoning and ¼ teaspoon fleur de sel. Stir to combine. Add the fennel bulb.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oil and vinegar, mustard and remaining tablespoon of Emerald City Seasoning. Pour the mixture over the potatoes and stir to combine.
- Transfer the potato salad to a serving bowl and garnish with the fennel frond.
© 2023 World Spice Merchants https://www.worldspice.com
Have some spice left over? Try it in our Northwest Watermelon Salad.