Cinnamon Toast Spice Blondies
Sometimes we just want a little something sweet, but not too heavy. This updated version of a classic blondie fits the bill. Our Cinnamon Toast Spice, featuring Indonesian and Vietnamese cassia-cinnamons with true cinnamon, dark brown sugar and just a hint of nutmeg, perfectly complements the sweet potato base. These disappeared in moments at our last recipe test, and may need a “re-test” in my personal kitchen tonight. They’ve got sweet potatoes in them… so they’re totally healthy, right?
Cinnamon Toast Sweet Potato Blondies
- 3/4 cup mashed, cooked sweet potato
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon Toast Spice
- 1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Cinnamon Toast Spice, for top
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8X8 baking pan with parchment paper. Lightly spray the bottom on the parchment-covered pan with a bit of nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, cream together melted butter, mashed sweet potato, sugar, brown sugar, milk and vanilla extract until smooth. Then add the baking powder, salt, 2 teaspoons of Cinnamon Toast Spice and flour to the mixture. Stir until combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Gently spread batter to all corners with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons of Cinnamon Toast Spice evenly over the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 - 30 minutes, or until they are just set in the middle. (You can also test with a toothpick in the center - if it comes out clean, then it's done.)
- Cool completely before cutting into bars. These will keep in a covered container for a week.
World Spice Merchants https://www.worldspice.com
Posted under Course
and tagged with Blondies
, Cinnamon Toast Spice
, finger food
, party time