Sometimes we just want a little something sweet, but not too heavy. This updated version of a classic blondie fits the bill. Our Cinnamon Toast Spice, featuring Indonesian and Vietnamese cassia-cinnamons with true cinnamon, dark brown sugar and just a hint of nutmeg, perfectly complements the sweet potato base. These disappeared in moments at our last recipe test, and may need a “re-test” in my personal kitchen tonight. They’ve got sweet potatoes in them… so they’re totally healthy, right?
Cinnamon Toast Sweet Potato Blondies
- ¾ cup mashed, cooked sweet potato
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon Toast Spice
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Cinnamon Toast Spice, for top
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8X8 baking pan with parchment paper. Lightly spray the bottom on the parchment-covered pan with a bit of nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, cream together melted butter, mashed sweet potato, sugar, brown sugar, milk and vanilla extract until smooth. Then add the baking powder, salt, 2 teaspoons of Cinnamon Toast Spice and flour to the mixture. Stir until combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Gently spread batter to all corners with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons of Cinnamon Toast Spice evenly over the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees until they are just set in the middle, about 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars. These will keep in a covered container for a week.
World Spice Merchants https://www.worldspice.com