Calling all peanut butter lovers! This hodge-podge of textures is great recipe for you. It’s salty, sweet, crunchy, and nutty – just what you want in a snack. What makes our trail mix so special is the peanut butter fudge mixture that brings it all together. To make it warm and fragrant we added our Cinnamon Toast Spice. It has all of our cinnamons plus a dash of nutmeg making every crunchy bite memorable. This is perfect for that weekend hike or for movie night. It also makes a great gift for your fellow peanut butter lover.
- 4 cups plain popcorn, popped
- 2 cups Snyder's mini pretzels
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Cinnamon Toast Spice
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy
- In a large bowl add the popcorn, pretzels, dried cherries and almonds, mixing well. Set the bowl aside along with a rubber spatula, so that it is ready for the cooked peanut butter mixture.
- In a medium sauce pan on medium heat, add the white sugar, honey and salt. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes on medium low heat. Add the salt and Cinnamon Toast Spice, stirring to combine.
- After 1 more minute, add the peanut butter and take the mixture off of the heat. Give it a quick stir, then pour over the pretzels, dried cherries, almonds and popcorn mixture.
- Using the rubber spatula, stir the mixture until everything is coated, then lay the trail mix on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper. Let it cool and break apart before enjoying. Store in a airtight container for a week.
© 2024 World Spice Merchants https://www.worldspice.com