Summer is a time of nostalgia and what better than a vat of baked snack mix to carry you back. In this recipe, the classic Nuts & Bolts gets a spice make-over and goes gluten-free, but we didn’t skimp on the butter! So, next time the family is coming to town or you’re hosting a large group, whip up a batch of this addictive snack mix. We’re featuring it here with our Smoky BBQ Rub but really anything goes so add your favorite spice and enjoy.
- 4 cups corn chex
- 3 cups rice chex
- 4 cups skinny bite-sized pretzels, gluten free
- 2 cups cheerios
- 5 cups unsalted mixed nuts
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 heaping teaspoons Voodoo
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon ground Smoky BBQ Rub
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large roasting pan, combine the chex cereal, pretzels, cheerios and nuts.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the butter, Worcestershire sauce and spices.
- Pour the melted butter mixture over the snack mix in the roasting pan and stir well to combine.
- Bake for about 90 minutes, stirring every 15-20 minutes until the mix is evenly crisp.
© 2021 World Spice Merchants https://www.worldspice.com