Voodoo Jalapeño Poppers
We’ve had a bumper crop of jalapeño peppers from the garden this year, and that means POPPERS! Autumn is chile season, though Jalapeños are readily available at the grocery store year round. The flavor buzz from these was well worth the effort of seeding all those little suckers, but do wear gloves! The warm bite of jalapeño with smoky paprika in the cheese and the Voodoo sprinkle on top of these poppers goes down well chased by a rich porter. Enjoy a whole platter by yourself while you watch the game like we did, or serve them up at your next fall fête.
- 12 jalapeños
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Voodoo spice for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice each jalapeño in half lengthwise and remove seeds and core. Wear gloves
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese and smoked paprika.
- Fill each chile shell with the cheese mixture and place on a lightly oiled sheet pan. Sprinkle the lot with Voodoo Spice.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes to soften and then broil to brown the tops.
- Serve with guacamole and stout or porter.
what is Voodoo Spice?
We’re an artisan spice and tea shop. Voodoo Spice is a blend of our own creation; a Gulf Coast inspired seasoning salt. You can find more information, and order it, by following the hyperlink when you click “Voodoo” in the description of the jalapeno poppers. Happy cooking.
That hyperlink to Voodoo no longer works.
Thanks for letting us know. Try it now!
My poppers just came out of the oven and they are delicious. I thought this recipe might be too plain because I like very spicy and hot food. I was delightfully surprised. The spices were flavorful and well balanced. The smoked paprika was the perfect touch and complimentary to the Vodoo spice. Fun recipe and perfect for the Super Bowl. GO HAWKS!
Make sure you make extra, as they are sure to disappear quickly! And GO HAWKS!