The next time you can get your hands on some fresh scallops, give Emerald City Scallops one a try! Emerald City Seasoning makes an excellent companion for the delicate flavor of seared scallops. The gentle herb flavor and delicate heat bring the perfect amount of character to the table, while allowing the natural flavor of the shellfish to remain in the spotlight.
Seared Scallops with Emerald City Seasoning
- If the side muscle is attached, remove it.
- Pat dry the top and bottom of the scallops. This will aid in browning.
- Rub some of the spice blend between the palms of your hands a few times to break up the herbs and sprinkle on a plate.
- Holding the scallops like a wheel, roll them through the spice blend to coat the sides only.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or other heavy pan over high heat.
- When the pan begins to smoke, add the oil and wait 10 seconds.
- Gently add the scallops to the pan. Do not crowd.
- Sear for 2 minutes. Check sear and if nice and carmelized, turn and cook for another 1½ - 2 minutes.
- Top with a pinch of fleur de sel. Serve immediately.
© 2021 World Spice Merchants https://www.worldspice.com
Have some extra spice left over? Try it in our recipes for Potato Salad or Northwest Watermelon Salad!