Cascade Mushroom Mash
These amazing mushroom mashed potatoes are our latest secret ingredient revelation! Infused with Cascade Mushroom Mix, the addition of just one seasoning takes these mashed potatoes from super to spectacular. It’s easy, too! Just sprinkle the Cascade Mushroom Mix into the butter as it is melting, and the flavor distributes into every bite. Use the mix in your favorite recipe or try ours. Whether you like your potatoes chunky or whipped, russett or Yukon Gold, this seasoning twist will leave everyone wondering what made these mashed potatoes so special. They are a perfect side dish for the holiday table.
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Cascade Mushroom Mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- Scrub the potatoes and chop them into 1" pieces
- In a large pot, bring 2 quarts of water to a rolling boil and add a pinch of salt. Add the potatoes and boil gently until tender and mashable, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the potatoes to a colander to drain, and return the pot to the stove top over medium-low heat. Add the butter and Cascade Mushroom Mix, and stir to combine as the butter is melting. When the butter is melted, add the milk and continue heating until the mixture just begins to bubble.
- Remove the pan from heat and add the potatoes. Mash to your desired consistency and add salt and pepper to taste.
These mushroom mashed potatoes are right at home on the Thanksgiving dinner table, so try them alongside our recipes for Roast Turkey or Cranberry Chutney.
Leave a Comment