If you’re tired of the same old meat & potatoes, whip up this delightful dinner seasoned with spice blends from Georgia. We’ve grilled lamb chops with Khmeli Suneli, an exotic blend of herbs and spices, and finished them with a bold molasses-mustard glaze. Want more? We did! Add a side of mashed potatoes with Svaneti Salt. All these bold and distinctive flavors combine wonderfully, taking comfort food to a whole new level.
Georgian Spiced Lamb Chops with Molasses-Mustard Glaze
For the Glaze
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon urfa biber
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
For the Chops
- 8 lamb chops, 6-8 oz each, 3/4 inch thick
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ground Khmeli Suneli
- salt and freshly ground Tellicherry black pepper
For the Molasses-Mustard Glaze
- Combine all the glaze ingredients in a jar or bowl and mix thoroughly. If you have the time, allow the glaze to stand for an hour or so before serving
For the Lamb Chops
- Remove the lamb chops from the refrigerator about 20 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Brush each chop with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt & pepper, and season liberally with khmeli suneli.
- Cook 3 minutes on the first side, and 5-6 minutes on the second side for medium rare.
- When the chops are nearly done, brush each side with the glaze.
- Serve alongside mashed potatoes with Svaneti Salt with the extra molasses-mustard glaze on the side.
World Spice Merchants https://www.worldspice.com