Romantic visions of the south of France never disappoint and neither does this playful vinaigrette. Our Provençal Salt is the star, throwing in a concentrated pop of salt and herbs that has all the other ingredients dancing around it. I had the pleasure of growing fresh chervil in my garden this year and it was a sweet addition but don’t skip the recipe if you can’t find it. Marjoram is delightful as well. Enjoy this vinaigrette on your favorite summer salads- green, potato or bean!
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/3 cup minced shallots
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chervil or marjoram
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Provencal Salt
- In a small saucepan, sauté the shallots in oil over medium low heat for 3-5 minutes, until fragrant and lightly browned. Add the garlic and continue cooking 1 minute more. remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Assemble the remaining ingredients in a small bowl or pint jar. When the infused oil has cooled slightly, pour it over the mixture and stir/shake to combine.
World Spice Merchants https://www.worldspice.com