Romantic visions of the south of France never disappoint and neither does this playful provencal vinaigrette. Our Provencal Salt is the star, throwing in a burst of salt and herbs that makes the other ingredients dance. I had the pleasure of growing fresh chervil in my garden this year and it was a sweet addition but don’t skip the recipe if you can’t find it. Marjoram is delightful as well. Enjoy this vinaigrette on your favorite summer salads- green, potato or bean!
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chervil or marjoram
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Provencal Salt
- In a small saucepan, sauté the shallots in oil over medium low heat for 3-5 minutes, until fragrant and lightly browned. Add the garlic and continue cooking 1 minute more. remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Assemble the remaining ingredients in a small bowl or pint jar. When the infused oil has cooled slightly, pour it over the mixture and stir/shake to combine.
1 teaspoon of dried Herbes de Provence can also be used in place of the fresh herbs.
© 2021 World Spice Merchants https://www.worldspice.com
Summer weather is the perfect time for salads! Check out these recipes for Shawarma Chicken Salad and Cajun Cobb Salad