Ottolenghi fans rejoice! If you can’t find the Rose Harissa Paste that is called for in some of his recipes we’ve got you covered so now you can make your own. We’ve adapted our best selling Harissa blend with addition of roses to give it a special sweetness and devised this quick and easy recipe to make Rose Harissa Paste. Use it in Ottolenghi’s recipes as called for and also branch out on your own! This rose harissa paste is good for roasting meats, seafood or veggies, adding to pasta dishes, or use as a condiment in burgers or quesadillas. The addition of rose water adds a floral dimension that is over-the-top good. You will want to make this recipe again and again.
- 12 oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 5 tablespoons ground Rose Harissa
- 2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 3-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon rose water
- salt to taste
- In a mortar & pestle or food processor, pound or pulse the roasted red peppers into a paste-like consistency and transfer to a bowl.
- Add Rose Harissa spice, tomato paste, olive oil and rosewater. Mix well. Taste for seasoning and add salt if desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one month.
- Recipe makes approximately 1 cup.
If you are using a food processor on the roasted red peppers, be sure not to over-process! The consistency should be a paste, not a puree.
© 2021 World Spice Merchants https://www.worldspice.com