Harissa Spiced Pecans
We never tire of whipping up different spiced nut combinations. Salty or sweet, hot or mild, there are endless combinations to try. Harissa Spiced Pecans are especially addictive, though, because they have it all: mild chile and smoky, savory spice, balanced perfectly with just enough brown sugar. These give a crunchy flavor punch to everything from garden salads to a pre-game cheese ball. But really, the best way to enjoy them is straight out of the oven.
This recipe is easy to make and not too sweet. Spiced nuts are a welcome treat for last minute gatherings or entertaining.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with foil, oil lightly and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and spices.
- In a large bowl, whip the egg white until soft peaks form. Add the nuts and stir to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture over the nuts, and stir again to coat evenly.
- Spread the nuts in a single layer on the sheet pan and bake 45-50 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking and ensure an even toast.
- Allow to cool slightly and start munching!
When I was there at Christmas I bought some of your fabulous Harissa spice. I had never heard of it before but I am loving it. Your store is so lovely and a wonderful culinary adventure. Keep up the good work. I am trying to spread the word of your wonderful work around Atlanta.
Thank you, we try! You should check out our Facebook page, too – we share different food blogger recipes there, and there are some really good food bloggers out there.