These sublime wafers are the perfect treat if you are looking for a sweet to satisfy without over-doing it. The lofty texture of these delicate wafers owes itself to the flourless dough, and the ethereal flavor comes from our new Advieh spice blend and its rosewater complement. Try them as a light dessert with cardamom coffee, with your afternoon tea or as an apertif.
- 1 ½ cups finely ground walnuts
- ½ cup walnut pieces, for decoration
- 4 egg yolks, divided 3/1
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground Advieh
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon rosewater
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground walnuts, 3 egg yolks, sugar, Advieh, baking soda and rose water until well blended.
- Roll the dough into teaspoon sized balls and place 2” apart on the sheet pan. Don’t skimp on the spacing, these wafers need room to expand.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining egg yolk and water. Press a walnut piece into each cookie and brush with the egg yolk glaze.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Allow the cookies cool on the sheet pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
World Spice Merchants https://www.worldspice.com