Yay! Pumpkin season has arrived, and we’re kicking it off with pumpkin bread. This recipe is delightfully moist, with a velvety crumb and heavenly spice. Pumpkin bread is a wonderful seasonal treat for breakfast, snacking or dessert. These loaves are not too sweet, and the combination of Kashmiri Garam Masala and Grand Marnier is delicious. The recipe makes two loaves and conveniently uses a single can of pumpkin purée. They come together quick and easy and you can mix up the spice and liquor pairings in all kinds of creative ways.
- 3 cups flour, all purpose or gluten free
- 2 tablespoons ground Kashmiri Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 15 oz. can of pumpkin purée or 1 3/4 cups homemede
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup melted coconut oil, slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease the insides of two loaf pans, or line them with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, Kashmiri Garam Masala, salt and baking soda.
- In another bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and stir together gently until the ingredients are just combined.
- Transfer the batter into the two loaf pans and bake for 50-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the loaf comes out clean.
- Place the pans on a wire rack to cool, and then remove the loaves from the pans and enjoy!
© 2023 World Spice Merchants https://www.worldspice.com
For more pumpkin festivity, check out our recipes for Pumpkin Snickerdoodles or Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls.